Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ava's Going In

I just wanted to let everyone know that Nick and I took Ava to the GI doctor yesterday for answers about why she is still having problems drinking her bottle. We've been having issues with her feeding. She does horrible with her bottle feedings. She has reflux, but nothing seems to be helping. She's had plenty of appointments and they've kept telling us that she has to eat at least 24 oz. and that we have to try any way we can to get her to eat ......well, she won't... and when we force her, she throws up. We're so frustrated and stressed out about the whole situation. The GI doctor said "Well, we could change her medicine and then wait a couple of week and see what happens... ". We stressed that we would like to get to the bottom of it......and get her the help she needs to help her eat, grow, and mature. So,.....Ava will be going into the hospital tomorrow morning. We are scheduled to register at 10am. She is having an endoscopy and a PH probe over 24 hours to see what is going on. They are also going to take a tissue sample. I hope they find out what is going on! She's always happy....until you feed her! It's a sin. Please pray that the procedures go well and that we get to the bottom of it. We'll let you know what happens soon!


Josh and Teri Duggan said...

Prayers being sent your way! Hopefully you will get results and answers. Have they suggested a fundo? Our peanut had it! Good luck! I am sure Ava will do great!

sarah said...

We will be praying for you. I am sure Ava will be fine.Please let me know if you need anything!I will be thinking of you! Sarah

Kimberly & Alex said...

will keep ava and you in our thoughts and prayers!

Lauren said...

I'll be thinking of Sweet Ava! I hope all goes well, and this feeding problem will soon be a thing of the past.

Post a Comment

Please post a comment below. Just type and click on comment as Anonymous. The click publish your comment! Don't forget to leave your name! We'd love to hear from you!